Thursday, September 1, 2011

So we go on.....

Nathan - so cute

Both boys on the beach

Brotherly love(cannot get pic turned sorry)

Daniel at his 3rd birthday party

Our BIG BOY!!


Our small Gray family


My baby Nathan
It has surely been a very long time since I posted. I have been thinking about it lately, but am just wondering, what shall I say...a lot has been happening, and yeah...what to say....?

The last 2 months have been wonderful, just having my boys home, being with them, and reflecting on what our next steps are with the boys...Since Sofi left, Daniel was ill on and off, and being at Dannies little playschool has not been so good for him after all.Being ill to often, thus not going that much, then school holidays happening, and then him not settling into a steady routine, and mommy - well not being super duper encouraged to actually get him to school. So we stopped...end of story!

It has been something that I wanted to do for so long, but our situations have not allowed yet, but...now it has finally happened. Homeschooling. Our boys, for the next 2 and half years, that is Daniel and Nathan for the next 3 and a half years. I am so excited. Then when time comes, deciding if are going to continue through primary school or actually sending them to Grade R. But, my motto with this is, nothing is set in stone, and the school system is out there and always ready to receive my boys! Just not now.

I have been considering our main reasons for rather homeschooling the boys.
* They are so small, and being in school runs, rushing to school, and being in such a strict schedule is just to much at this age. I am able to be home with them, it is not easy and very tight financially, but I feel it is my responsibility to keep them home with me, where they can learn and play at their own pace.
* They are going to be in a school for about 12-13 years of their lives, and then University for anything from 3-7 years. Why force them into it already?
* I have qualifications as a Educare teacher. I have the skill, patience and love for my 2 boys, I dont feel many other people has, making me the best teacher for them. I understand them, know where they are at, and can lead them slowly but surely in the right direction.
* We know a lot of people in our town, so NO, our kids wont struggle to be social beings, and to learn how to interact on a social level. Going to Checkers and learning to speak properly with an elderly person, is learning to be a proper social human being, learning not to bite Nathan when he is mad, is learning to be a proper social human being, learning respect for his mother at home, will teach him to have respect for authority out there...

There are cons to this way of living, but at this point I believe there are more cons to it...so we are very happy! The boys are at peace, they are flourishing, and they love relaxing and enjoy learning through play!

What a privilege! Thank you Lord for this opportunity!

Joshua 24:15 "But as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah"

Genesis 33:5 "And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are these with you? And he said, The children which God has graciously given your servant."



Hebrews 2:13: "And again, I will  trust in Him. And again, Behold I and the children which God has given to me."


Ephesians 6:4: "And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger: but nurture them in the discipline and admonition of the Lord."




Deuteronomy 6:6-9: "And these words, which I command you today, shall be upon your heart: And you shall repeat them to your children, and speak about them when you sit in your house, and when you journey on your way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up. And you shall bind them on your hand as a sign, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. And you shall write them upon the posts of your house, and on your gates."

1 comment:

  1. Great that you are on track and at peace with your decision! May God bless you and keep you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete